Getting to the Eiffel tower
Whether it's by metro or boat, by car or by bike there's no shortage of ways of getting to the Eiffel tower! You can either choose to come directly to the tower or, why not, take in a stroll along the streets of Paris or on the Seine, on your way.
- Line no.6, metro station "Bir-Hakeim": if you take this line which runs above ground, you'll get a view of the tower as you approach the Bir-Hakeim station. Always an exciting moment!
- Line no.9, "Trocadéro" station
At the exit from the métro, allow a few minutes' walk to get to the Eiffel tower: see directions on foot from the BIR-HAKEIM station.
Prices, métro times and additional information:
By RER :
Line C: « Champs de Mars - tour Eiffel » station
When you come out of the RER station, allow a few minutes' walk to get to the Eiffel tower see route.
Prices, RER times and additional information:
By bus :
- Bus 82, stops: « tour Eiffel » or « Champ de Mars »
- Bus 42, stop: « tour Eiffel »
- Bus 87, stop: « Champ de Mars »
- Bus 69, stop: « Champ de Mars »
Prices, BUS times and additional information :
Self-hire bikes are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at any of the Vélib' stations. A pleasant way of exploring the Parisian streets by bike on your way to the Eiffel tower!
Vélib' stations close to the Eiffel tower:
Vélib' prices and additional information:
Did you know that you can also get to the Eiffel tower by boat? An original and pleasant way of exploring the heart of Paris with all the magic that lines the Seine on your way to the Eiffel tower.
Prices, Batobus times and additional information:
If you wish to come to the Eiffel tower by car, we recommend you park in any of the nearest underground car parks to the Eiffel tower, a good choice being the Quai Branly car park located less than 300 meters from the tower!